The community enterprise organisation has worked on a business case for the Lockerbie Old School community hub.
The service areas to be developed for inclusion in the new multi-use Old School facility are:
• Space for community and social activities
• Space for young people, particularly teenagers
• Space for families and older people
• Space for arts, theatre, music, etc.
• Small business / start up space for people who want to start their own business, particularly young people who would not otherwise have the chance.
• Space to hire for training and educational and leisure classes and activities
• Workshop space for arts and crafts – clean and messy – and for trades/ training
• A Men’s Shed
• A community café – either run as a training programme for young people or leased out, purely to generate guaranteed income
• Heritage and history and display space
• Bunkhouse style accommodation to attract visitors to the area.
The intention is to keep running costs to a minimum.
More information in the following document : los-business-case-final-august-2016.pdf